Sunday, September 28, 2008

Bailout over night

Interesting how things in Washington often happen in the middle of the night when everyone else is sleeping, like a thief in the night plotting how to steal from hard working Americans.

Of course the government I am sure had to do something to try to keep us from totally falling into a depression (which I am not sure we are already in anyway), but why is that Americans like myself have to keep bailing out Washington's blunders with our hard earned tax payers dollars, yet then we hear that the CEO's (although not getting all of their pension packages) still get to walk away scot free and with some sort of pension?  Furthermore, people who chose to live above their means and entered into contracts by taking out loans, knowing that the interest would rise on their loans, now are expecting citizens like me who lived within my means and never took anything from the government to pay so they can stay in their homes!!  This is ridiculous!!

I understand that we had to do something, but again the poor middle class has to pay!!!  Why not penalize these rich thieves that put us in the position now sitting out on their yachts?

American political leaders are still practicing slavery and the slaves are the hardworking middle class people of America.  

I am ashamed on this country and what we have become.  I am glad my father is not alive after he served for 14 years with pride for America.


No comments: